INQUIRER.net Breaking News

Thursday, October 14, 2010

INSATIABLE WANTS

Economics tell us that the needs of men are insatiable but then again I think, are the needs really insatiable or at the wants insatiable? Last year, I bought myself a new mobile phone since I badly need a new phone after three phones of mine were stolen in 2009 alone. I told myself that since I got a good phone for myself and all things that I need from a mobile phone can be well provided by the phone I bought, I thought to myself that by this year I do not need to buy a phone anymore. Fastforward today, I am again in the dilemma of saving money for buying a new mobile phone.

Sometimes we often think that things all around us are needs and not having them will eventually cause dissatisfaction in our lives. But to think about it, it is never our needs which are insatiable, it is our wants that are insatiable. We continuously work hard for what we want and not for the things that we need. We fail to realize that we have all the neccessities.

Then again I bang my head on the wall telling myself that you do not need to buy the mobile phone and I start to tame this insatiable want in me. I do hope that before the year ends, this will be tamed. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment