INQUIRER.net Breaking News

Saturday, October 23, 2010

REMEMBERING A WOMAN I TRULY LOVE

I may have not been vocal about this but most of the time if not some of the major nightmares that I am having is about her and how I lost her in my life. She was the woman that I have adored and have been my constant inspiration in my life. She was the woman who each and every step of my life was there. She was the witness of my successes. She suffered with me during my failures and loss.

I am talking about my late grandmother Justina Rendaje-Cayot. This week is her birthday week, October 17 is the exact date. When I think of October 17, her last birthday was a bit uneventful knowing that she is in pain as she struggles with pancreatic cancer and she barely could remember our names - the people whom she loved. Nevertheless, all of us whom she really loved and gave her time was there to be with her. It has been years since we loss her and yet there are still those times when I feel the sting in my heart and with wishful thinking that I still need my Lola. I want her to see how I have become and I know with her signature hugs and kisses, she'll be so proud of me.

I never questioned God's will in our lives but today I just remember that woman whom I really loved and until this very day has a very space in heart - my Lola Tina. Her faith. Her passion. Her endurance. Her love. As I her memories run in my mind, I smile and thank God for the Lola Tina He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment